Tuesday 18 June 2024

RULES OF BLOGGING

HOW BLOGGING SHOULD BE DONE

 Like most blogging old timers I had a bunch of rules in my head about how blogging "should" be done - what makes a real blog. Rules can be help us maintain our standards, but they can also just become a collection of unquestioned assumptions that are no longer working for us, and which we need to move on from. 

Our enemies ("the powers that shouldn't be") don't play to any set of rules that we would recognize, and times are now changing probably faster than at any point in history. So this year I've been trying to let go of some of my long held rules/assumptions, certainly including those applying to blogging.

Here are six of my old school blogging rules that I've mostly ditched on this new blog:

A REAL BLOG SHOULD BE SELF HOSTED ON WORDPRESS.ORG

 WordPress is getting endlessly more complex, and I wonder now if the whole WordPress platform is yet another deep state psyop, because let's face it, with over 455 million sites, or over 30% of all websites currently online using WordPress, it's highly unlikely that it isn't.

So I've gone back to using Blogger, and Blogger is owned by Google. But ultimately, Google seem to have censored the entire internet, and Blogger is easy to use and convenient. If my posts are going to get barely any traffic, I might as well use a convenient deep state platform (Blogger) rather than an inconvenient deep state platform (WordPress)

 https://sift666.blogspot.com/2024/01/the-end-of-era.html

 


A BLOG SHOULD HAVE A CONSISTENT NUMBER OF POSTS

Some bloggers do a post every day, while some only do one each month, but all blogs should stick within those extremes. More than one post a day is not OK, and less than one post a month is also not OK. Says who?. 

So far this year I've been doing about 40 posts a month, mostly very short ones or updates of my old posts. But that could easily change, to more or less, if I feel so inclined. If for example I do a short post about Flouride each day in July for Fluoride Free month, that would be 31 extra posts next month.


LINKS TO EACH BLOG POST SHOULD BE SHARED ON SOCIAL MEDIA

A real blogger promotes their content by sharing it on a range of popular social media platforms, in order to generate an audience. This year I have given up using all social media platforms apart from Facebook, so I'm not doing that. All social media platforms, and indeed the entire internet, are controlled to some extent by the deep state using their AI. 

I'm not doing blog posts as a paid job, really it's all for my own entertainment. Blogging is my muse (an imaginary being or force that gives someone ideas and helps them to write, paint, or make music). If other people read what I post that is great, but I'm not going to spend hours promoting my posts on platforms I mostly don't even use. (I do share some of my posts on my Facebook account)


 THE URL OF EACH POST SHOULD MATCH IT'S TITLE

I have edited the title or changed the publishing date of so many of the posts on this blog, that less than half of them would match up. Too bad, what sort of anal geek even looks at that stuff anyway? (Yes, I must admit I did used to do that...)

Never mind, if anyone types in www.sift.co.nz they will see something, but if they use the Google search engine to find my content, they probably won't see much.

 

THE MEASURE OF A BLOG IS IT'S POPULARITY

It was my plan at the start of the year to ditch the HIT COUNTER and give up looking at how many hits my blog got. I must admit I struggled with that, and ended up putting it back on. But as with all traffic on the internet, it is mostly just the artificial flows of the deep states AI, and has very little to do with content quality or real viewers.

This blog is still only getting about 100 hits a day, which is fairly insignificant, while my old blog used to get 2000 hits a day back in 2018 before it was black listed, which certainly sounds a lot better, but ultimately, who cares? Only me, nobody else gives a toss, and it all works better when I don't really care either.

 
A BLOG POST MUST CONTAIN BOTH TEXT AND IMAGES
 
  There is certainly some truth to that, it's the fundamental difference between a blog post and a tweet, but on a Blogger blog where everything is displayed as one long stream of posts, the old idea that any given blog post must be a complete entity in itself becomes sort of redundant. A picture tells a thousand words, and sometimes a meme tells a lot more than that. 
 
Sometimes I just want to post one image, and no, that isn't a real blog post, but it's my blog, for my entertainment, so some of my posts might just be one image (or a bunch of images) with no text at all. So be it.