Sunday 10 December 2023

IS IT TIME TO MOVE ON?

The end of the year is always a good time to reassess how everything is going and decide what to do next.

This year I came back to using Blogger and still found it to be the same convenient and easy to use blogging platform it was a decade ago. I've been posting content on it for the past six months. BUT... (and this is a BIG BUTT)


 There is virtually no traffic to this blog, and the hits are not only not going up, they are actually going down, from bugger all, to 5/8 of fuck all. Looking at that I wondered again if there is any point posting on Blogger. I have decided to fix that problem by removing the hit counter.

When I checked out other platforms they were a complete clown show really, although that seems to be the nature of about 99% of the entire internet, so I shouldn't be surprised.

 I will continue posting content here, to an almost non-existent audience,with my www.sift.co.nz URL pointing at this ghost of a blog. It's a shame this platform seems to be a dead zone these days, as is blogging in general, but I guess that was always Google's intention.

 
To see an archive of my old content, if you feel so inclined, check out my WordPress.org blog www.frot.co.nz