There is a guy posting videos on YouTube called Michael Girdley. He is very popular and is probably one of the few content creators left who isn't AI slop.
He does videos about the rise and fall of American corporations. They all follow the same pattern of becoming huge then making stupid greedy decisions and eventually collapsing.
It may take years but eventually they get what's coming to them.
Right now the behemoth that is YouTube is going down that plug hole
Youtube certainly had it's uses - primarily as a massive repository for videos, but most of the new content now is AI. And by "most" I don't mean about half, I mean over 90%. As are almost all the hits and comments. Although with those it's probably more like 99%+.
The AI comments are now all saying "this is AI slop". Even AI can't stand AI .
There comes a point where even clueless normies have just had enough. Ask McDonald's. Every greedy corporation hits it eventually.
Personally I'm at the same point with YouTube that I was with Microsoft a few years ago. I'm still sort of using it but I hate it and want to stop. It's an unhealthy habit I want to give up.
When I switched from Windows 7 to Linux Mint that was a good move. Now I want to switch from YouTube to Odysee, because Odysee is cool and YouTube sucks.
Youtube certainly had it's uses - primarily as a massive repository for videos, but most of the new content now is AI. And by "most" I don't mean about half, I mean over 90%. As are almost all the hits and comments. Although with those it's probably more like 99%+.
The AI comments are now all saying "this is AI slop". Even AI can't stand AI .
There comes a point where even clueless normies have just had enough. Ask McDonald's. Every greedy corporation hits it eventually.
Personally I'm at the same point with YouTube that I was with Microsoft a few years ago. I'm still sort of using it but I hate it and want to stop. It's an unhealthy habit I want to give up.
When I switched from Windows 7 to Linux Mint that was a good move. Now I want to switch from YouTube to Odysee, because Odysee is cool and YouTube sucks.
The main problem with Odysee is that it doesn't have all the content that YouTube does, otherwise the platform is better in every way
So I've set up my own Odysee channel and now, rather than complaining about lack of content I'm going to gradually start re-posting the content I want to watch on Odysee. It may take a quite a while but eventually Odysee can replace Youtube
It's becoming more obvious by the day that Youtube has totally lost the plot. This month they have even gotten into a war with the Brave browser. A bad move, and for me that is the final straw.
So I've set up my own Odysee channel and now, rather than complaining about lack of content I'm going to gradually start re-posting the content I want to watch on Odysee. It may take a quite a while but eventually Odysee can replace Youtube
It's becoming more obvious by the day that Youtube has totally lost the plot. This month they have even gotten into a war with the Brave browser. A bad move, and for me that is the final straw.
There are plenty of ways to block YouTube's stupid ads, and I don't really need Brave to do that, but I'm using Brave as my default browser so when I have to switch to a second browser to view YouTube (Waterfox with Ghostery extension works fine) that is yet another reason not to use YouTube.




