Saturday, 29 August 2026

HALF A MILL


It's been eight years since I had a blog that was pumping, so I'm getting a buzz out of seeing my SIFT blog suddenly take off and start getting thousands of hits each day

I haven't really been doing anything different on it so there is no obvious reason why it would.

Truth is I've just been plugging along posting pretty much the same sort of content at about the same pace for years now so I have no idea why the hits have suddenly taken off again over the past few months, but it's cool to see.



OK I do have three theories. Firstly the boring one :



#1 GRADUAL ORGANIC GROWTH

Maybe over time my blog has slowly built up a following, and it took a few years, but now it has finally picked up some momentum.



This second idea is more interesting, and it even dabbles in a conspiracy



#2 OPERATION CHAOS 

 



For the past few hundred years most social programing has been fairly simple.

Just tell the clueless masses a bunch of utter bullshit which makes them easier to control and exploit.

That mainly involves hiding anything that's true and filling their heads with crap.

If anyone was saying things like "Germ theory is bullshit" or "The first lady is a tranny", then that stuff needed to be censored and covered up quickly.

But since late 2024 Operation Chaos Mk.II has been in full swing and the aim is to create as much confusion and uncertainty as possible.

All of a sudden the objective is no longer to stick to the official narrative and censor any non approved content. The objective now is promote the official narratives (which are all the utter bullshit) while at the same time actively promoting some actual truth because that combination causes total confusion.

If that is what is now going on, the agenda is no longer to try to bury the truth, on the contrary, it's to boost the living shot out of it.

So in these days of chaos it's quite possible that Israeli deep state
corporations like Google are actively promoting some true content as well as all the bullshit.

As recently as 2024 I used to have to rotate four different Facebook accounts because they were constantly being suspended, but now I can pretty much post anything I want and it all goes uncensored.

Maybe that is what's now happening with my blog posts too.


That idea is kind of cool, because idea three is a bit of a mood Killer.

 

#3 DEAD INTERNET THEORY


Maybe it's true that the internet is gradually dying and all the actual people are being replaced with AI. 

In fact that's clearly happening on platforms like YouTube where all the hits and comments, along with most of the content, is very obviously AI

What if Google Analytics is tricking me into thinking I'm getting thousands of hits every day, when in reality I'm getting bugger all hits and it's all just fake AI like the hits on a Taylor Swift video.


A half baked conclusion

There is no way to know for sure, but #2, the Operation Chaos theory, is
the most entertaining one for me so I'll run with that for now.

None of the three theories is exactly awesome, either I'm popular because I'm a boring old fart who has been plugging away for years, or the deep state is using me as a puppet, or the entire internet is completely fucked.

Nevermind, too bad, half a million hits is a milestone and I'm going to celebrate it even if I am a boring old puppet whose primary communication platform is fucked.

SIFT TOP 10 MOST POPULAR BLOG POSTS THIS MONTH