Monday 21 August 2023

BLOGGING 101

Blogging has certainly not turned out to be the world changing activity I once hoped it would be. I started out blogging on Blogger in 2008, which despite being owned by Google was such a well designed platform that I missed it when I stopped using it in 2015 and shifted to WordPress. 

It always worked really well. These days it’s not very popular anymore, but I’ve pretty much given up caring about that, so I set up this new Blogger account to replace my original one. I'm still using the same www.sift.co.nz domain name, but it now points at this new blog. I have started doing a post of some sort (long or short) on Blogger each day again, because I have always liked the platform (even though I don’t like Google), and it's really handy for basic low maintenance blogging.

At my most optimistic I hoped blogging could change society, and with the advent of the Steemit blockchain in 2016, I also hoped I could earn reasonable money for writing blog posts. Well, society has certainly changed in the past quarter of a century, since I got my first computer in 1998, but mostly not for the better. 

To my jaded old eyes there were many things that were better in the 90’s and very few that are better now. Apart from geek stuff like the speed of internet connections and ease of transferring data, I struggle to come up with much stuff that is better now.

Blogging is another one of those things like data transferal that has never been easier. But sadly most of the content is lame, boring, semi-literate bullshit, and getting an audience of intelligent real humans in this day and age is not easy.

 I live in New Zealand, which is a beautiful country in the middle of being fucked over by some of the most evil and corrupt WEF gimps on the planet. There are likely to be more “hate speech” laws being brought in by these maggots, and people like me who want to share non-approved content will have to adapt.

Free platforms are as rare as hen’s teeth, and it’s not as easy to remain uncensored as I had hoped. Coming from a background of being black listed by both Google and Facebook, amongst others, I stopped using censored platforms and thought the future was in blockchains. 

Back in 2016 before I knew shit from chewed dates, Steemit at first seemed awesome. But I soon learned a thing or two. Steemit turned out to be just as oppressive as Facebook really, just in different ways. And Hive soon became even worse. But I did well out of both platforms financially for a while, and still think of Hive as very well designed blogging platform, even though several whales there have spelt it out in no uncertain terms that I’m not welcome to use it.

What I’m I going on about?

Which brings me to the point of this ramble – I need an effective system for blogging. As of August 2023 this is my plan for blogging world domination:

I will continue to do my longer blog posts on my WordPress.org blog www.frot.co.nz because WordPress is the best designed platform of the lot, and my blog is self hosted so in theory can’t be censored. But in practice the globalist NZ Government can threaten my server space provider, and they in turn can be forced to apologetically ask me to remove the offending content (which they have done once so far) – so the writing is on the wall, at some point in the future I may need overseas options that can’t be censored like that. And that is why I’m still interested in uncensored blockchains.

Secondly I will do a mix of more frequent but shorter posts here on my Blogger account www.sift.co.nz and enjoy the irony of using Google’s own platform to host the very sort of content they are trying to block. But they may well notice me and crack down at some stage.

Thirdly, I'm also keeping my own offline copies of everything I post, so if my online content does get censored or deleted at some point I could put it all back on a new platform.

 All the other platforms that I've been posting content on for the past seven years, including Facebook, Instagram, Steemit, Hive, Bastyon, Blurt and a few others, have ended badly, or simply crawled up their own arses, so I have just given up on them and I'm now focusing exclusively on posting content on my own two blogs. I'm past caring what anyone else thinks about anything I post these days so have turned all the comments off on both of them.

Although I plan to knock out a post of some sort on www.sift.co.nz or www.frot.co.nz or both every day, and it's safe to say I won’t be doing it for fame or fortune, but more because it helps me to get my thoughts straightened out, and if it also has any influence on the global hive mind (I’m sure that "Hive" platform name was no accident) that would be an added bonus. It feels like we are trying to bail out a sinking ship right now I know, but every extra insight or bit of positive vision could potentially do us all wonders.